Historical information collectors portal, electronic museum 'ВиФиАй' work-flow-Initiative 16+
СОХРАНИ СВОЮ ИСТОРИЮ НА СТРАНИЦАХ WFI
СОХРАНИ СВОЮ ИСТОРИЮ НА СТРАНИЦАХ WFI
Back to top
To the end
Create a personal gallery (section)
Create a personal album (with images)
Union maniac as a phenomenon of the subculture of the Union of admirers
Union Punk is a wide circle of like-minded people who respect the era of the Soviet Union.
In many cities and countries of the former USSR there were fans who willingly share their memories with the same fans.
Proud of old times, constantly compare reality with the past.
WHAT will bring with you to RussiaDate of publication: 2017-10-19 09:41:59
Дата модификации: 2017-10-19 09:41:59
The article is timed to the date: 1997-01-01
Other articles related to: Date1997-01-01 Articles for: Year1997
A couple of years ago anyone coming to St. Petersburg pretty much had to bring everything with them as there were few things other than root vegetables available in the stores. Things have changed so rapidly that now almost everything you may need is available though generally the more specific the item, the more searching it will take to find.
Health insurance is never a bad idea for any traveller, especially in a country like Russia where health care tends to leave much to be desired. For people planning to stay for a while or do something particularly dangerous (rock climbing, parachuting, opening a casino) an emergency evacuation plan is a good idea. If you're coming in the summer months, some mosquito repellant is a must: remember, Petersburg was built on a swamp. Paeople planning on renting an apartment should bring uncommon spices and any other specific cooking items that may be desired, and a water purification filter or tablets will also come in handy. Students who are here for three months or longer must present their educational institution with an AIDS test proving they are HIV-negative, or else they will test you here and you don't want them to do that. Speaking of which, it is a good idea to bring some sterile needles and syringes with you in case of a medical emergency, as well as any prescription medicines you may need.
English-language books are in short supply here so readers are advised to pack their own. Good footwear is essential: during the rainy and snowy months the city can get quite gushy so some galoshes or boots will keep the feets happy, and in the summer some sturdy comfortable shoes are important as you'll be doing a lot of walking on rough and dirty surfaces. Things like sanitary napkins, toilet paper, and other personal hygiene products are pretty readily available, so you won't need a year's supply, but definitely bring a towel as Russian towels are usually the size of this book and less absorbent as well.
Russia runs on 220 volts AC electricity and sockets take standard Continental two-pronged round plugs, so anyone bringing electrical appliances that don't match these configurations will need a power transformer and/or plug adapters.
Evaluation of the document:
Article description: A couple of years ago anyone coming to St. Petersburg pretty much had to bring everything with them as there were few things other than root vegetables available in the stores.
Other articles of the section:Union maniac
Previous THE POLITICAL SITUATION IN RUSSIA 1997
NextSOVIET MEMORIALS AND MEMORABILIA IN St. Petersburg
Подписка и соц. сети
- FISCAL FEDERALISM THE CANADIAN EXPERIENCE 2020-03-22
- Analysis of differentiation of socio-economic development of the Russian regions 2020-03-22
- Economic development in the Russian regions institutional and macroeconomic problems 2020-03-22
- Russias North Economic Problems of Development 2020-03-22
- Problems of Fiscal Federalism in Russia 2020-03-22
- REGIONAL ASPECTS OF THE FEDERAL ECONOMIC POLICY 2020-03-22
- THE TELEVISIONS PROJECT 2020-03-22
- Journeys into History Through the Future 2020-03-22
- Artists Bring the Computer to Life 2020-03-22
- Culture in the Upcoming Millenium 2020-03-22
- What is a work of telecommunicative art 2020-03-22
- Tatiana Didenko Executive Producer 2020-03-22
- ABC Amber Conversion and Merging Software 2019-12-08
- Human-Rights Journal Finds Survival Hard in New Russia 2018-03-12
- Dr.E.Gaidar-Limits of the Socialist Growth 2018-02-01